I’ve had an iPad since just after they first came out. I have probably used it every day since. Non-iPad people ask me all the time – ‘What do you use it for?’. Well here is the top 10 list:
- Viewing the Sydney Morning Herald, because it has not been delivered on time, or I’m traveling
- Catching up on email while I’m watching TV
- Writing blog entries while I’m on the bus/train/watching TV
- Reading books, or that terribly important Christopher Hitchens article just published in Vanity Fair
- drawing/doodling when I have a design idea and I’m not near my desk or a pencil and paper
- Showing my travel photos to friends and family
- Sharing presentations at small meetings – everyone can see it, or can grab it to look up the website they want you to know about
- Showing clients PDF’s of design options
- Watching video when there is nothing I want to watch on the inflight video – or when there is no inflight video
- Showing how cool the iPad is to my clients and friends
I have a few others, like listening to all the podcasts I keep on it, playing games, and keeping my workout records – but they don’t fit into the top 10.
I’m currently in-between iPads. I sold my old one on eBay, sending it to the wilds of Perth, to some lucky (but slightly cranky) purchaser, and my new one doesn’t arrive until May.
I am in withdrawal.