Redeem: Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escapes – 30% points saving
Content of this Post:
Why I haven’t posted these type of specials
Let’s not beat about the bush. I usually don’t post specials like this – thinking that you, dear readers, would already subscribe to every specials newsletter from every airline frequent flyer program of which you are a member.
Then, I thought, I do this research anyway for myself, so I might as well share, just in case you missed it, or you need the endorsement that it is actually a giant saving, from a trusted website, such as 2PAXfly.
So here goes.
Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escapes are SIA’s ‘discounted redemptions for quick getaways’ promotions, as their tagline explains. They come out fairly regularly and are organised by geographic area. If you are interested in those that originate in other areas, then head over here to the full list of promotion redemptions.
You need to redeem your flights on singaporeair.com up until 29 February 2020, for travel from 1 to 31 March 2020 inclusive.
Slightly different dates apply for 30% off Premium Economy Class Saver rates on non-stop flights between Singapore and Los Angeles, for travel from 1 to 30 April 2020 inclusive.
These are first-come, first-served redemptions, so don’t delay if you’re interested.
Between Singapore and Australia/New Zealand
These are pretty good redemptions – and for business, there are no blackout dates. Normally a Sydney to Singapore redemption in business would deduct 62,000 points from you KrisFlyer account – in this promotion, only 43,000:
|Singapore to Adelaide||19600||SQ279||1-10 March 2020||43400||SQ279||–|
|Adelaide to Singapore||19600||SQ278||26-31 March 2020||43400||SQ278||–|
|Singapore to Brisbane||19600||SQ255||–||43400||SQ255, SQ265||–|
|Brisbane to Singapore||19600||SQ236||–||43400||SQ236, SQ266||–|
|Singapore to Canberra||19600||SQ288||–||43400||SQ288||–|
|Canberra to Singapore||–||–||–||43400||SQ288||–|
|Singapore to Melbourne||19600||SQ207, SQ227, SQ237||–||–||–||–|
|Singapore to Sydney||19600||SQ211, SQ221, SQ231||–||43400||SQ231, SQ241||–|
|Sydney to Singapore||19600||SQ222, SQ232, SQ288||–||43400||SQ288||–|
|Singapore to Wellington||19600||SQ247||–||–||–||–|
|Wellington to Singapore||19600||SQ248||–||–||–||–|
Between Singapore and Europe
If you wanted to get to Europe out of Singapore – you could use these specials:
|Paris to Singapore||26600||SQ333||–||–||–||–|
|Singapore to Barcelona||26600||SQ388||–||64400||SQ388||–|
|Barcelona to Singapore||26600||SQ387||–||64400||SQ387||–|
|Düsseldorf to Singapore||–||–||–||64400||SQ337||–|
|Singapore to London||26600||SQ308||–||–||–||–|
|London to Singapore||26600||SQ305, SQ317||20-31 March 2020||–||–||–|
|Milan to Singapore||26600||SQ355||20-31 March 2020||–||–||–|
|Rome to Singapore||26600||SQ365||21-28 March 2020||64400||SQ365||–|
|Singapore to Zürich||26600||SQ346||–||–||–||–|
|Zürich to Singapore||26600||SQ345||–||64400||SQ345||–|
Again, no blackout dates for Business
The fine print
- The discount only applies to the flights and class named
- The offer has a closing date – Saturday 29 February – Spontaneous Escapes specials change monthly.
- Travel must be between 1 March to 31 March, although there are some exceptions which run 1 to 30 April 2020.
- Your whole itinerary must be eligible – for point to point one way – no biggie, but if you are booking a return or multi-city-ing – then all travel must be part of the promotion including fights, dates and destinations, otherwise, you’re stuffed. You might want to make a return two independent bookings to get around that one.
- You have to book online, otherwise, you attract a US$25 fee. Although if it’s impossible to do it online, they will usually (in my experience) waive this.
- Can’t change or cancel
- Get in fast if you need to transfer points, say from AMEX – use their maximum transfer times as a guide – not your experience of minimums!
If your plans will bend to fit within these Spontaneous Escapes – then you would be a fool not to. However, they are inflexible, so if you can’t fit your current travel and redemption plans into the specials – wait for next months offer.