New Zealand: Opening up on 16 January 2022
If you are Australian or New Zealander and fully vaccinated, then you should be able to enter New Zealand from 16 January 2022, without having to complete 14 days of quarantine (MIQ).
But you will need to conform to a testing and isolation routine
From 16 January:
- negative pre-departure test
- fully vaccinated proof required
- test on arrival
- 7 days isolation + negative test on final day
From 13 February, there will be self-isolation, not Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ), with more details to come
- fully vaccinated New Zealanders
- eligible travellers from other countries
- Testing regime to be announced
From 30 April
All fully vaccinated can enter – testing and other conditions to be announced
This is hot on the news that Air New Zealand cancelled over 1000 flights between now and Christmas yesterday.
Good news – especially for me when I have a twice delayed trip set for June 2022