COVID-19: Emergency National Cabinet meeting sometime today
The National Cabinet – a group of state premiers and the Prime Minister along with other health, quarantine and vaccine officials are set to meet in emergency session given recent COVID-19 developments across the country.
What to expect
As well as receiving briefings from Australia’s Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly and vaccine rollout head, Lieutenant General John Frewen, its expected that the following issues will be discussed:
- Changes to hotel quarantine – separation of low risk domestic from high risk international travellers
- Post Quarantine testing on day 16
- Vaccinating people in quarantine
- Lowering international passenger capacity limits – temporarily
- Update on vaccination rates of vulnerable groups including aged care
Money will also probably be on the agenda. That is money for business and individuals who can’t work during lockdowns.
I love digital, except when my phone dies, which happened to me on the last night of my recent visit to New Zealand
Get the popcorn ready. Let’s see how Scotty from Marketing (our Prime Minister) who is still isolated in the Lodge after his international family history trip to Cornwall tries to spin this breakout and his failure to organise enough vaccines delivered fast enough.