Virgin Australia: Accelerate business program issues ‘Passenger Promise’
This is no biggie in the scheme of things, but it at least shows the reborn airline is paying some attention to its business flyers.
Content of this Post:
Accelerate program – elevator pitch
The Accelerate program is designed for businesses to maximise their savings through Virgin Australia. specifically for small to medium businesses rather than their huge corporate clients. You can tell that because it’s only for businesses spending up to AU$300,000 per year on air travel. (full disclosure – I am a member, as I am with the Qantas Business Rewards program).
The chief benefits are a 10% reduction on some fares and travel credits once you spend over a certain amount, some Pilot Gold Memberships – dependent on meeting certain flight, spend and timing targets – discount Virgin Lounge membership, and various other reporting and offer benefits.
This is portrayed as some ‘extra steps’ taken during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of its about perceived or actual safety and some about flexibility during uncertainty and some just restates existing benefits, or reduces them:
- Flexible flying – no change fees on travel until 31 January 2021
- Contactless Check-in via the Virgin Australia App
- Earn and redeem your Velocity Points with Virgin Australia and partners
- Pre-departure COVID-19 health questionnaire
- Face masks and sanitiser for all passengers
- HEPA filtration (didn’t they have that pre-COVID-19?)
- High touch areas sanitised frequently
- Reduced in-flight offering
Nothing I didn’t know and I could do without some of the puffery, but on the whole appreciate being addressed as still being important to this re-born airline.
Can’t wait to travel with you again.
What did you say?