Qantas: cuts 90% of International, and 60% of domestic capacity – COVID-19 related
Content of this Post:
Flight and Route cuts
Qantas and Jetstar have announced the following COVID-19 related cuts to their capacity and schedules:
To be phased in from the end of March 2020 onwards:
- Total International capacity will be cut by 90 % until end of May 2020.
- Total Domestic capacity will be cut by 60 % until end of May 2020.
- 150 aircraft, grounded, nearly all wide-body aircraft.
- Previous cuts from end-May to mid-September remain in place.
Qantas and Jetstar are working on the route and flight details and will be announced in the coming days.
Qantas has already announced waivers of fees for cancellation, and conversion of flight booking spend to travel credit voucher. You need to get onto this by 31 March. 2020.
You can access this here:
- Qantas customers visit Manage Booking on Qantas.com, select ‘Cancel’ and then ‘Voucher’.
- Jetstar customers visit Manage My Booking on Jetstar.com.
If you arranged your travel via an agent or third party website, then you need to contact them.
Qantas and Jetstar call centres are being swamped – so try and do it online before making contact with the call centre.
I think that leave without pay if not terminations are just around the corner for Qantas and Jetstar staff, unfortunately.
Details to be posted later today, in the meantime visit: https://newsroom.virginaustralia.com/https://newsroom.virginaustralia.com/
Well, we knew this was going to get worse before it got better, but this is unprecedented.
What did you say?