COVID-19: NEW Australian state border rules connected to NSW Cluster
New South Wales is reporting a cluster of 17 COVID-19 cases in the northern beaches area of Sydney. Genomic testing is suggesting that the strain is from overseas, indicating that the cluster has a source of an international traveller or airline crew member.
State Border Restrictions
As a result of this cluster, other Australian states are closing or limiting their borders for travel from New South Wales.
This situation is changing rapidly, and I will try to keep this post updated. Below I have outlined the current restrictions in each state, with the state name linked to the specific health advice from that state’s government:
- New South Wales – you can find a list of locations the recent outbreak has affected, and what action (isolation and testing) you should take if you have visited the sites at the times and days detailed
- Western Australia – from Friday 18 December – All NSW arrivals to self-quarantine for 14 days and be tested on day 11
- Tasmania – anyone who has been in the Northern Beaches area recently is barred from Tasmania
- Northern Territory – people from NSW need to quarantine for 14 days
- Queensland – anyone who has been in the Northern Beaches area since 11 December should self-isolate for 14 days and get tested. Arrivals from 19 December who have visited the Northern Beaches since 11 December must go to hotel quarantine for 14 days at their own expense
- Victoria – anyone who has been in the Northern Beaches area since 11 December should self-isolate for 14 days and get tested. Arrivals from 18 December who have visited the Northern Beaches since 11 December must go to hotel quarantine for 14 days from the date they were in the Northern Beaches – Check today’s press release
- South Australia – if you have been to any of the sites listed on the NSW Health site on dates and times advised, then self -quarantine for 14 days from the date you were at the site. Also – get COVID-19 tested
Check the state by state links for the latest information
COVID-19 outbreak Northern Beaches – could your timing have been any worse? A week before Christmas – Really?
This is terrible news for those blue and white striped T-Shirt wearing residents. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then have a look at the Avalon Now series from a couple of years back – especially if you need to lighten your mood.
Seriously, I hope this outbreak is quickly contact traced, contained and limited, so we can have as close as possible to a normal Christmas period.