Listicles: Boy is it the season for top 10 lists for 2019!
I don’t do listicles.
You can see that by looking at my 10 things hotels could do better. The interweb currently seems to be consumed by Top 10 things on this final day of 2019.
I will not indulge.
However, if I were to do a list, and I’m not, you might be interested to know the top 10 most popular posts on the 2PAXfly website.
Not that I would compile such a list, but say if you were interested? I know your not, but if you were?
OK, you’ve twisted my arm.
The top 10 posts on the 2PAXfly website for 2019 are (drum roll):
- Flight Review: Qantas business class on 747, Sydney to Santiago
- News: Goodbye to the A380 – production ceases
- Flight Review: Qantas business class on A330, Sydney to Jakarta
- Loyalty Points: Qantas Points Plan flight to Tokyo – how many points will they burn
- Flight Review: Emirates A380, Sydney to Bangkok
- Loyalty/News: How much does a Status Credit cost
- Trip Report: New Caledonia in three pictures
- Hotel Review: Presidential Suite – Four Seasons, Sydney
- Flight Review: Vietnam Airlines 787-9, London to Ho Chi Minh City
I don’t know what your 2019 was like. Mine was OK. It had some high points – like I got married and fulfilled a long-held desire to visit South America and see Machu Pichu, Iguazu falls, attend Carnival in Rio, and visit cloud forest and the Amazon river. Oh, and just this month, we received news that we will become indulgent gay uncles to another cousin in 2020.
It also had its low points, with long illnesses, and the loss of some of our nearest and dearest.
2019 has not ended well, especially if you live in the south-east of Australia. It is the worst bushfire (wildfire) season on record, with us suffering weeks of unhealthy smoke and ash in the air, not to mention the people who have lost their homes and loved ones.
A Sydney summer, where you cannot live and play outside, because of smoke, for weeks without end, is not a Sydney I have ever experienced before.
Politicians, the climate emergency is real, and you need to do something!
Onwards to 2020
On the whole, I’m looking forward to 2020. I have some great trips planned, including another visit to Bali, and the first trip since 2012 to New York, and my first trip ever to Barbados. A European trip is on the cards, and I’m tossing up some other trips dependent on points throughout the year.
Wishing all my readers a fantastic 2020, as you exit the millennium’s teenage years.